The Architectural Design Assistant will support a project through the design and construction phases. The position requires a collaborative spirit and technical abilities, as primary responsibilities include cross functional collaboration with other teams, specifically the Hospitality, Creative Design, Visual Merchandising and Gallery Operations teams, as well as external consultant leadership with outside architects and engineers of record. This position is the primary lead on drafting and developing architectural studies and plans for projects, supports documentation of critical design milestone deadlines and open items. They support the project leader in the development of drawings and other items for executive review. This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a “startup” mentality and environment that changes day to day and will “assume positive intentions” at all times.
RH is a curator of design, taste and style in the luxury lifestyle market. The Company offers collections through its retail galleries, source books and online at RH.com, RHModern.com, RHBabyandChild.com, RHTEEN.com, and Waterworks.com.
At RH we believe deeply that the "right" people are our greatest asset. We value people with high energy, who possess the ability to energize others. People who are smart, creative and have a point of view. People who see the answer in every problem, versus those who see the problem in every answer. People who are driven, determined and won't take "no" for an answer. We value team players, people who are more concerned with what's right, rather than who's right.
- Live Our Vision, Values and Beliefs every day
- Support multiple new galleries or bespoke projects through any number of different phases from concept design through construction and gallery opening.
- Full understanding of and ability to draft and manipulate architectural plans and details
- Produce C-level design presentations including visual aids/3D imagery through Sketchup/Photoshop
- Coordinate designs and details with in-house and outsourced architects for successful implementation into construction drawings
- Support fixture design development and sourcing and other finish materials and custom elements.
- Support development and maintenance of architectural standards
- Reviews submittals and shop drawings of key design elements
- Proficient in project schedule management, plan checking and coordination during construction as necessary to meet project milestones.
- Collaborates with the Visual, Creative and Operations teams and other members of the Gallery Development team to review plans and determine merchandising and operational requirements.
- Possess ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written. Proactively communicate critical issues appropriately and provide recommended actions and solutions.
- Must be a proven leader, who drives results through motivation, direction, leadership, and strong problem solving skills.
- In the performance of all duties assigned, ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision while exercising broad discretion and professional judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, fellow team members and leaders.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to accept direction and constructive criticism.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively multitask and manage multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail in all presentation and production material
- Knowledge of Building Codes/ADA Codes
- Superior time management skills.
- Strong sense of team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BA / BS Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of design experience.
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, and Sketchup
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite Tools (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Occasional travel required
- Ability to go with the flow and change directions quickly.
ABOUT THE GALLERY DEVELOPMENT TEAM
At Restoration Hardware, the retail design game has changed and Gallery Development is the group that brings the RH vision to life. From cafés, to rooftop parks and outdoor European gardens to design gallery showrooms, we are delivering the best home furnishing experience in the US and Canada. We take beautiful properties, and often historic or architecturally significant structures, in North America's most sought after markets and create the high-end RH flagship galleries that blur the lines between residential and retail, and retail and hospitality.
As part of the Gallery Development team, you can be a part of this movement.