We are looking for a motivated architectural designer / draft-person to join our team in West Hollywood. The individual will gain first-hand experience in the Los Angeles permitting process on ground-up buildings of various product types. He or she will work with the principals to establish schematic building layout(s), and will then interface with engineers, consultants, and third parties to develop a full building-permit set(s). Familiarity with the permitting and plan check process, at a basic level, is required as the individual will take a leading role in the plan check process with support from the development director.
Degree from an accredited university in Architecture, Engineering or related field required.
Job Type / Status:
Individual must be highly skilled and proficient in REVIT and have 1-2 years of experience drafting and/or working in an office. Familiarity with the permitting and plan check process, at a basic level, is required.
- Proficiency in REVIT and AutoCAD.
- Experience drafting construction documents/technical drawings.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be comfortable in a support role and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision, self-starter.
- Must possess an eye for detail, strong time management skills, and ability to work within deadlines.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite preferred but not required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop technical drawings and assemble drawing sets using REVIT.
- Assist with City of Los Angeles meetings related to plan check corrections, condition clearance, and permitting.
- Report to Development Director the ongoing status of permitting, expected milestones, and flagging any major issues.
- Perform code analysis and code-compliance research.
- Coordinate drawings with third-party consultants.
- Assist with material and product specification.
How to Apply:
- If interested, please email a CV to Chris Kovel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Civil / Architectural Designer / Drafter