Generally have 4-7 years of industry experience in an architect's office.
This position leverages your great previous experience to allow you to grow professionally. You will have the ability to work independently with some supervision. Opportunities include coordinating and directing less experienced staff to develop projects, independent research and/or the ability to deliver built projects through construction.
SERA is a progressive, 100% employee-owned architecture, interior design and urban design & planning firm based in Portland, Oregon. Since 1968, SERA has been instrumental in the development of the city’s national reputation for livability. In 2015, we opened a second office in the San Francisco Bay Area where we service Silicon Valley and other California clients.
Our culture reflects our commitment to great design, client service, and sustainability. SERA provides our employees with an enjoyable work environment and opportunities for professional and personal development.
The SERA Workplace team enables businesses and organizations to transform their vision, culture and objectives into purposeful built environments. Our design team employs planning frameworks and outcome-based design strategies to maximize value in real estate solutions for sustainable design, interior environmental quality and space planning principles. We create visually and spatially compelling places that engage the workforce and create a rich cultural experience.
Our Workplace team brings diverse professional skills in architecture, interior design and engineering to create solutions that enrich human health, performance and happiness for both local and global organizations. The work is high performance, high velocity, and highly collaborative. Our teams achieve their highest performance as integrated teams with owners and builders.
Job Title: Architectural Job Captain
Level: ARC IV
Supervisor: Studio Leader
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and ensure adherence to SERA's graphic standards across team members.
- Create graphic presentations such as design review, client presentations, and marketing collateral.
- Research and coordinate details regarding specific scopes of work and/or sub consultants.
- Work with product vendors/manufacturers to develop architectural details. Coordinate with other team members and building systems/components.
- Ability to perform independent construction contract administration.
- Supervise, coordinate, plan, and review the work of 1-3 staff members. This includes the mentoring of staff on project teams.
- Use the building code to develop architectural drawings. Provide code interpretations supporting the project objectives.
- Support the project by interacting with jurisdictions to obtain building permits.
- Interact with the client to achieve project goals.
- Familiarity and adherence to project contract requirements.
- Interact with other SERA resources to achieve project goals.
- Handle the health and welfare of the Revit model.
- Develop, codify, and enforce the BIM Execution Plan on assigned projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited program.
- Generally have 4 - 7 years of industry experience in an architect's office.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office Suite required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Sketchup and Bluebeam preferred.
- Ability to communicate through verbal, written, and graphic communication formats.
- Ability to determine the right tool for the task.
- Ability to prioritize and evaluate multiple important tasks.
- Established critical thinking to identify strengths, weaknesses, or alternate solutions to a problem with some supervision.
- Develop professional judgment and decision-making processes to determine the most appropriate course of action.
- Develop leadership skills that motivate and guide teams and projects to desired outcomes.
SERA Architects Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.