If you are passionate about finishing cabinets and have high standards for quality, we are looking for you! We are looking for an Architectural Wood and Cabinet Finisher to join our team. Anton Cabinetry is a cabinetry and architectural millwork company specializing in the design, fabrication and installation of commercial casework, architectural millwork and store fixtures, conveniently located in the heart of Dallas Fort Worth.
As our Cabinet Finisher, you will finish cabinets, casework and architectural millwork using the process of sanding, staining and spraying. You will also assist with other specialty products as needed. You will be an advocate for our continuous improvement initiatives and demonstrate Anton Cabinetry's commitment to leadership, team member development, implementation and support of safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure that proper materials are used for a job and that the finished product meets Anton's quality standards.
- Package and move cabinets to other departments for further processing.
- Prep and clean cabinets as assigned within schedule time constraints.
- Monitor manufacturing specifications in blueprint-type documents to ensure that proper materials are used, the product meets both company quality standards and design and engineering specifications.
- Maintain accurate records of materials used for job orders and organize cabinets, casework and/or architectural millwork efficiently and safely in the Paint Shop.
- Apply 5S concepts to all aspects of job.
- Adhere to company safety standards regarding materials and processing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least one year of hands-on experience working with all types of finishes for wood in a manufacturing or woodworking environment
- Construction and/or woodworking vocational training
- 5S concepts or Lean Manufacturing training and ability to apply 5S concepts daily.
- Strong proficiency with power and hand tool usage and care, including but not limited to the following: manual finishing equipment, sanders (both handheld sanders and brush sanding machines).
- Knowledge of finishing compositions, color and quality requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret shop drawings, including accurate ability to measure and interpret size and part requirements from shop drawings.
- Knowledge of custom finishing operations, quality standards and the cabinet and millwork finishing process.
- Ability to read a ruler and tape measure and calculate appropriate amounts of materials.
- Knowledge of sanding procedures.
- Demonstrated effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and good knowledge of finishing quality improvement processes.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
Anton Cabinetry is proud to offer a full range of benefits including competitive wages, medical and dental insurance, paid vacation, a company-wide gain sharing program, 401k and quarterly company events and employee appreciation activities. We truly value our team and strive to create an environment of continuous improvement with highly engaged employees through strong communication and teamwork.
Click the "Easy Apply" button to join our team!