The Neuroscience Area Business Leader will be responsible for the sales volume and share growth of the assigned product line as well as representing and promoting Novartis as a leader in the Neuroscience community and market-place.
The incumbent will be responsible for the hiring, training & development of Sales Specialists, performance evaluation and compensation, and efficient and effective account targeting and coverage. This position will require a strong ability to work cross-functionally with mass-market customer business units, Regional Account Managers, and the therapeutic business units. Incumbents will need to fully understand the Neuroscience market, develop actionable business plans for their geography, participate in the formulation of National strategy and programs and implement National and Area strategy. The position will require travel in order to maintain contact with the various customer groups as well as attendance at key conventions and programs
This is a remote role
• Bachelor's degree (preferably in Life Sciences, Pharmacy or Business related discipline).
• 5 or more years of Pharmaceutical Sales Experience.
• 2 or more years of Pharmaceutical Sales Management experience.
• Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within a matrix environment.
• Demonstrated ability to increase sales through facilitating relationships between Managed Care institutions.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a group towards meeting and exceeding objectives. Strong leadership, planning and organization, and problem solving and decision making skills.
• 2 or more years of Pharmaceutical Specialty Sales and/or management experience in Neuroscience.
• Experience in NS/MS selling biologics/specialty product(s) with a complex distribution pathway (specialty pharmacy, reimbursement specialists)
• 2 years was in a specialty pharmaceutical /biotech sales within the last 5 years
Internal candidates must be in their current position for at least 1 year, reside within or 50 miles from edge of territory.
Candidate must be properly licensed and able to safely operate and drive an automobile in order to perform field calls on customers; must have a driving record deemed safe by the Company.