In collaboration with KFHP/H Management Team(s) and SCPMG, develops attainable short and long-range financial plans, budgets and business plan for the Medical Center. Accountable for overall Medical Center fiscal operations including adherence to region-wide policies and procedures. Serves as the liaison between the Medical Center(s) and regional services for fiscal operations. Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with Medical Center senior leadership, SCPMG and KFH.
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital expenses or increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
- Manages costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value-added costs.
- Develops strategic Medical Center plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses, and cost-benefit analyses of proposed capital.
- Identifies risks and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action, including providing financial expertise in the planning of new services/products, outsourcing/in-sourcing services, and expansion that generate additional sources of revenue.
- Provides financial leadership and partnership to the Medical Center Management team (and their staff), SCPMG Financial Services, National Facilities Services (NFS), Regional Financial Planning/Program Office Finance, and Regional KFH/HP Senior Leadership.
- Consults with department managers and makes recommendations to ensure financial health of the Medical Center in terms of financial results and operating efficiencies.
- Drives financial performance for the Medical Center, including productivity benchmarks.
- Hires, coaches, and trains a highly-talented, motivated finance team.
- Develops long and short-range operating and capital budgets/forecasts, which are supported by the Medical Center's long and short-range plans and objectives.
- Recommends budget modifications as required.
- Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
- Monitors, interprets, and analyzes Medical Center performance relating to membership, revenue, expenses, and utilization in realizing established plans and objectives of the Medical Center.
- Provides analyses and explanation on performance variances.
- Develops action plans to address negative variances.
- Ensures accuracy of monthly financial reports including compliance with GAAP and Kaiser's policies and procedures.
- Oversees daily Revenue Cycle operations to ensure accurate and timely collection of non-dues revenue.
- Oversight includes ensuring charges are captured, documented, and coded accurately, and point-of-service payments are reviewed, submitted, and collected timely.
- Works with Medical Center Management team, KFHP/KFH, and SCPMG Outside Services to review, evaluate and manage contracts, trends, and payment for outside medical services that align with the financial plans.
- Oversees all administrative functions for the Medical Center as they relate to AP, AR, payroll, procurement & supply, real estate.
- This includes reviewing and approving all leases and invoices (as appropriate).
- Ensures the Medical Center meets all necessary financial regulatory and compliance requirements and reporting.
- Includes all administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Leads financial audit and internal controls process (in conjunction with Regional Financial Planning to maximize revenue recovery, control expenses, and safeguard corporate assets (including cash).
- Performs risk assessment of areas to identify key compliance, operational, and financial risks.
- Participates in strengthening accounting/finance relationships with senior management in KFH, KFHP, and SCPMG, to improve the level and quality of joint decisions being made that have Sarbanes-Oxley implications to the Region.
- Thinks, inspires, mobilizes, and empowers the work force.
- Thinks by being innovative, inspires by being visionary, mobilizes by building coalitions and setting targets, and empowers by managing authority and delegating effectively.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in finance and strategic planning; including five (5) years of management experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in multifaceted health care system and multiservice provider setting.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, health care or public administration required OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- License, Certification, Registration
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and regulatory accounting and reporting regulations, GAAP, cost management techniques, financial analysis and budgets required.
- Strong business acumen, communication, presentation and analytical skills required.
- Appropriate education and experience in capital project oversight finance.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in finance management and strategic planning in a multifaceted health care system and multi-service provider setting preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- CPA preferred.
Days and hours will vary depending on the needs of the medical center. Travel to offsite meetings required.