Essential Job Duties:
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction site.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Direct and supervisor field managers, assistant field managers, superintendents and assistant superintendents.
- Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as painting or plumbing.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as a work procedure, complaints and construction problems.
- 4 Year degree in related field
- 8+ years’ experience in multi-family and/or commercial construction
- Knowledge of residential construction concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of national and local codes.
- Excellent estimating skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to plan, organize, manage and supervise activities of direct reports.
Century Communities offers a competitive salary, bonus, full benefit suite including medical, dental, vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401(k) with employer match and paid vacation and sick leave.