The purpose of an AREA DIRECTOR OF SALES is to solicit business to each of the hotel. This should be done in a way to maximize profits and through creative selling and selection processes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work cohesively with the Sales Departments to book group business by promptly responding to leads through various online networks, cold calling and visiting local businesses in the downtown metropolitan area.
- Manage workflow through the Sales Pro system, properly responding and filing data according to company and brand standards.
- Participate in promotional events, trade shows, community and industry events when assigned
- Perform the required job functions with a high attention of detail and efficiency.
- Organize, prioritize and follow-up with a sense of urgency.
- Assists with settings sales strategies to achieve overall property goals for both rate and occupancy.
- Understand the hotel's operations, including room types, meeting capacities, services, features and benefits for assigned hotel/s in your territory.
- Review monthly STAR reports and create action plans as assigned.
- Communicate with Revenue Management and GM to ensure that pricing is appropriate and adjust selling strategies as needed.
- This person has the ability to exceed revenue goals by offering an exciting alternative to the current market. Must be innovative and gregarious and at home when interacting with people.
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); college level sales / marketing classes or Business Degree preferred.
- 4 to 6 years of hands-on hotel sales experience in a similar environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience overseeing the sales efforts of a dual or multi-property hotels is required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Proficient use of Sales Pro.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word is required, specifically Excel. Experience with automated accounting systems is preferred.
- May supervise Sales Manager/s, Sales Coordinators or similar positions.
The work environment normally entails the following:
- Primarily indoor work environment
- Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
- Ability to sit for 25% or more of time.
- Ability to travel and work outside of the hotel
- Ability to lift weight or exert force up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to make sales calls 50% of the time.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.