Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys® automotive aftermarket retail and service chain, Auto Plus® automotive aftermarket parts distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care® owned and franchised automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over 22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
Responsible for managing, directing and controlling all operations and sales functions for multiple shops and sales territories. Provide leadership to their service managers and outside sales team to drive an increase in sales, organic growth, and margin and manage expense control.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure customer satisfaction and increase sales by implementing all marketing programs, ensure all employees are trained and follow all company procedures.
- Implement and ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Oversees the interviewing, selection, training and evaluation of store personnel. Hire and maintain the most qualified candidates that meet the requirements of the appropriate job description that will align with our corporate culture. Personnel management and leadership.
- Meet with direct reports on a regular basis (weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) to communicate company information including new initiatives, financial performance, goals and objectives, benchmarks and best practices.
- Safeguard company assets thru internal controls and systems and personal involvement in daily operations. Conduct store tours, store operational reviews and auditing internal controls for cash, accounts receivable and inventory.
- Improve profitability by increased sales and market share and expense control. Manage toward a positive cash flow by achieving sales forecast, maintaining payroll costs within budget, controlling operating expenses and managing all corporate assets including accounts receivable and inventory.
- Improve sales by supervising outside sales staff and conducting outside sales calls as deemed necessary. Participate in the creation of local marketing programs for both wholesale and retail customers. Facilitate customer training seminars in conjunction with manufacturers.
- Direct P&L responsibilities for other managers and participates in the development of fiscal budgets
- Responsible for the collection of Accounts Receivable.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma required.
- Associates Degree required in business administration, marketing, operations management or similar.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in business administration, marketing, operations management or similar.
- 10-15 years in the automotive service industry.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers, typing or writing.
- Occasional standing and walking.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Frequent travel.
- Talk and hear.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, handle sensitive date and multi-task so that deadlines can be met.
- High organized and able to prioritize and manage time efficiently with the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.