Opportunity: Area General Manager
Responsible for managing hotel operations for two or more hotels, ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction and profit maximization.
Potential Career Path
Full Service General Manager - Regional Director of Operations – Vice President of Operations
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Physically tour and visually inspect properties on a daily basis.
- Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness, quality of product, and service throughout hotel.
- Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget, financial reports and annual and monthly forecasts that clearly explain operational effectiveness, trends and variances.
- Critically review reports of occupancy and revenue, make judgments, and implement changes to maximize profits.
- Greet and maintain positive rapport with associates and customers and communicate regularly with the public, staff, corporate office, and owners.
- Appropriately handle associate issues in conjunction with People Support following HHM policies.
- Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for HHM and hotel.
- Meet with potential and current clients and promote hotel.
- Ensure safety practices and procedures are followed and proper emergency and security procedures are maintained.
- Monitor quality assurance scores and/or guest feedback and communicate to and train associates accordingly.
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy guest service deficiencies.
- Travel to attend corporate meetings, sales trips and serve on committees.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in business, hospitality or a related field preferred.
- Previous experience as a hotel General Manager required.
- Marriott branded experience is required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Travel between hotels is required.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
HHM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.