Hayward Pool Products, a division of Hayward Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world, with a significant presence in the commercial pool market that is continuously growing. Headquartered in Elizabeth, New Jersey, Hayward designs, manufactures and markets a full line of residential and commercial pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, heating, cleaners, salt chlorinators, automation, lighting, safety, flow control and energy solutions. For over 80-years, Hayward has been enhancing pool ownership by manufacturing cutting edge, advanced pool and spa equipment. Hayward listens to our customers’ needs and makes sure they are implemented during the design and manufacturing process. The goal is to become the preferred brand of choice with every residential and commercial swimming pool and spa.
Responsible for ensuring that the machines assigned are producing a quality product as described in the standard work, as well as operator quality instruction procedures. This person will train operators, organize work area, manage supplies of materials, move products and ensure compliance with departmental procedures. Provides administrative assistance to the Molding Shift Supervisor
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Requested to report to work prior to shift as specified by supervisor to communicate with previous lead and prepare for shift change.
- Coordinates with supervisor in determining assigned work areas and to ensure that all operators and machine assignments are coordinated.
- Ensures that operators are trained and understand the standard work procedures, Bills of Material and Operator Quality Instructions.
- Ensures that operators have proper gauges or mating parts as described for that job and that they understand the criteria and how to use them.
- Verifies that the job packet and job data sheets are correct in terms of work order number, part numbers, molding numbers and that all labeling, counts and packaging at the press are correct.
- Ensures that operators understand how to record and enter scrap into Mattec.
- Checks Kanban boards and supermarket boards to see if supplies are needed for production runs; Pulls cards as needed, including those for boxes, totes and gaylords.
- Coordinates changeovers and maintains jobs with supervisor per Mattec/Synquest schedule.
- Updates and maintains SQDC board in assigned area.
- Adds jobs to Mattec as needed.
- Report daily production numbers and issues during the Gemba walk.
- Gives breaks as needed.
- Builds new products for approvals as needed.
- Reports any safety violations or issues involving assigned work area to supervisor immediately.
- Responsible for good housekeeping in assigned work area.
- Advises supervisor immediately of quality issues and implements corrective action as directed by supervisor.
- Acts as backup for supervisors in maintaining attendance reports, eTime data entry and keeping up employee personnel files.
- Prints move tickets and job packets as required.
- Maintains shift labor and rework reports as needed for assigned area.
- Maintains requisitions, work orders, pick lists or request for materials and distributes as required.
- Performs all duties in accordance with company safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensures that all baggers, testers, etc., are setup correctly for the job.
- Working knowledge of AS400 and Synquest.
- Good knowledge of Kaizen and Kanban procedures is required.
- Must be certified to operate a forklift and be able to operate it in a safe manner in accordance with company procedures.
- Solid PC skills and verbal/written communication skills are required.
- The employee must possess good organizational skills, judgment and the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Some experience leading or directing other employees is a definite plus, especially in a lead position in other departments and/or a temporary period in the KPO office.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or general education degreed (GED). General administrative experience and forklift operation experience is a definite plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.