Company & Culture: El Pollo Loco, Inc.
For over 35 years El Pollo Loco continues to dominate the market in delivering the best citrus-marinated fire-grilled chicken. It's our unique preparation of award-winning "pollo" and use of fresh, authentic ingredients that creates a deliciously, mouthwatering "crazy you can taste" experience. From our products to our people, we're truly amazing!
We opened our first restaurant in 1980 in Los Angeles, and today we are over 460 restaurants strong and still growing! So, if you crave growth, fun and success, then we have an excellent opportunity for you. It's all at your fingertips! Join our team and engage in cross functional activities where you will find challenge and inspiration in our fast paced, hands-on organization.
Requirements (our ideal candidates will possess):
- Experience: Minimum of 5 plus years prior General Management experience required; three plus years QSR experience as an Area Leader or District Manager preferred; and a track record of success in leading, managing, coaching and developing high performance teams.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required, BA/BS degree preferred;
- Licensing: Current driver's license required as frequent weekly travel is involved. Current ServSafe certification required.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook required.
- Communication Skills:Ability to read, write, and interpret routine reports, documents and correspondence. Ability to effectively speak with internal customers, external guests, and vendors. Ability to effectively listen and respond to customer needs. Ability to effectively make oral presentations to broad audiences.
- Other Skills:Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to solve practical or abstract problems and deal with a variety of concrete or variables in situations where frequent standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to plan work assignments, juggle competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines. Strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others, including setting direction. Ability to quickly adapt to change and adjust priorities to meet the organization's needs. Excellent organizational skills are needed. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to implement strategic plans and create positive change within the organization. Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines. Ability to work weekends and extended work schedules as needed.
Contributes to El Pollo Loco success by providing operational expertise, coaching, and supporting General Managers, overseeing the performance of multiple El Pollo Loco restaurants. Responsible for developing extraordinary General Managers, creating great customer experiences, impacting growth across El Pollo Loco restaurants and being part of local communities. An Area Leader must also ensure achievement of restaurant sales and budgetary targets; establish and maintain operational standards in compliance with federal, state and local laws, including food quality, food safety, and restaurant safety; preserve brand integrity of restaurant facilities; along with establishing and maintaining performance standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
In partnership with leaders, leverages operational expertise and coaching for successful implementation of key initiatives and programs, and continuous improvement of employee capability, customer experience and business results.
- Works closely with Director of Operations and support team, coaches to steward AOP priorities and initiatives to optimize performance relative to sales, profitability and the customer and employee experience.
- Leads, coaches, develops, trains, manages and mentors General Managers in all aspects of the position, including achievement of performance standards (e.g., FSA's, Mystery Shops, RCP, etc.).
- Visits restaurants regularly on an announced and unannounced basis to conduct evaluations for ensuring operational are adhere to, and not limited to: facilities and staff appearance, food quality/preparation/safety/portion control, inventory management, proper staff training, employee and customer safety, labor scheduling, and employee relations.
- Manages and evaluates restaurant operations to ensure Company standards and performance targets are achieved, including compliance with the Operation's Manual, federal/state/local regulations, and Company policies & procedures.
- Provides effective and timely resolution to all customer and employee complaints, conflicts and employee relations.
- Investigates and settles security and cash violations. Represents the Company at state and federal agencies, as needed.
- Utilizes available reports to analyze monthly sales, profit and budgetary results, providing timely feedback, analysis and direction to the restaurant management; collaborates with each General Managers to create plans to reduce costs, build sales and maximize profit figures over last year's performance results, in accordance to budget standards.
We offer EPL Support Center Employees the following Benefits/Perks:
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD Life & Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401K with Matching
- Meal Discounts
- Work Hours: Full-Time schedule
- Work Attire: Primarily business casual, but we wear jeans on Fridays!
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The Area Leader position regularly hears, talks, uses close vision to view objects, uses hands repetitively to reach/handle/feel/grasp objects, and travels by car and/or plane. The position occasionally stands, sits and walks, This position occasionally uses distant vision to view objects, and lifts/pushes up to 10 lbs. The Area Leader position seldom climbs/balances, stoops/kneels/crouches/crawls, tastes/smells, and lifts/pulls up to 50 lbs.
- Posting valid thru: Dec 31, 2019
El Pollo Loco is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.