We are seeking an Area Manager of Human Resources to serve our facilities in Baltimore, Frederick, Bel Air and Forest Hill, MD.
This position manages effective HR management practices at multiple facilities that support and enable execution of the annual business plan and long-term strategic business objectives. Leads the implementation of corporate-based HR initiatives, as well as develops and implements programs to meet specific market needs.
- Manages HR programs and services within specific market(s) including Employee Relations, Employee Dispute Resolution Program, Performance Management, Compensation, Benefits, Training and Development, HR management, and employee programs and policies.
- Assists facility administrators in achieving and maintaining acceptable employee turnover. Analyzes results, assesses risks and partners with leaders to develop action plans to impact recruitment, retention, productivity and morale (i.e., headcount, organizational assessment, exit interview analysis, etc.).
- Provides counseling for facility management including conflict resolution, team building and development planning. Supports organizational change initiatives in conjunction with Field Support HR and business leaders.
- Reviews terminations and disciplinary actions, investigations, and employee relations decisions managed by facility for consistency, risk and completeness.
- Participates in the design and delivery of HR programs to ensure programs are aligned with business needs. Participates in project teams to design content and plan delivery and conducts focus groups to solicit feedback from market.
- Facilitates facility level new hire orientation. Maintains personnel files by collecting, recording and processing required documentation.
- Manages relationships with the union (where applicable), including but not limited to union grievances, collective bargaining agreement negotiations, arbitrations and mediations. Responsible for developing and implementing union avoidance measures where applicable.
- Ensures human resources policies and procedures are communicated and adhered to; periodically conducts in-service training on new or updated policies that affect employees.
- Ensures timekeeping systems and tools accurately reflect daily status and assists in the development of facility labor cost management reduction strategies; utilizes data and assists in making decisions based on current labor metrics.
- Participates in and supports the facility's Quality Staffing Committee in an effort to meet the facility's turnover goals and supports other internal company programs.
- Facilitates an open door policy and appropriately directs employee relations issues with appropriate facility and market leadership.
- Administers and coordinates documentation for all leaves of absence, including FMLA and associated documents.
- Ensures all up-to-date legal postings are placed in a designated area within established timeframes.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state laws and regulatory requirements for various programs including Affirmative Action, OSHA, FLSA, FMLA, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources or related field and three (3) years human resources related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong business acumen; HR expertise with proficiency in multiple disciplines within HR.
- Strong organizational development and consultative skills.
- Excellent influence management and change management skills.
- Strong business judgment and strategic orientation, particularly in linking HR with business strategies and goals.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and facilitation skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft products including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and/or Kronos preferred.
- Must have the ability to work with all levels of employees.