Area Manager - Santa Barbara - (1900004L)
Area Manager - Santa Barbara
Do you have the passion to join a young global biopharmaceutical whose sole mission is to improve the lives of patients bravely facing cancer? Does it excite you to be a part of a rapidly expanding company with multiple marketed products and a diverse and robust pipeline? If yes, you may be a great fit for our community of dedicated and innovative associates.
Your Impact at TESARO:
This position is responsible for managing the sales and business activities within a defined geographical business area. Key to this position is the ability to drive sales, leverage customer relationships and impact a variety of customer segments. This includes the design and implementation of business plans intended to increase revenue from targeted customers based upon strategic business analysis. The successful Area Account Manager will understand and leverage roles and responsibilities of the cross functional team to drive sales results. These partners include Marketing, Medical Affairs, Market Access and Commercial Operations. Ideal candidates will have a deep knowledge of customers and accounts within oncology, as well as the local dynamics that influence business in their area. The individual will report into the Regional Area Director.
- Accountable for driving area sales results and ensuring open patient access to TESARO therapies.
- Develop and execute area business plans.
- Identify and apply resources to the development of key prescribers/key account drivers within area.
- Engage proactively with key customers and account groups to ensure the promotion of both TESARO therapies and company image.
- Work cross functionally to maximize brand availability and exposure within key accounts.
- Work collaboratively with team and Regional Account Director to ensure successful launch and/or ongoing promotion of branded products.
- Engage with Regional Area Director and cross functional partners on the development of programs and activities that will result in increased access to customers.
- 4 year college degree.
- Minimum 8-10 years of pharmaceutical sales experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years oncology experience.
- Specialty pharmacy, payer and state society experience a plus
- Strong track record of demonstrated, proven sales success.
- Self-motivated, assertive, and self-confident with the ability to act with urgency and passion.
- Demonstrated access and understanding of key customers and account groups within geography.
- Strategic approach to accessing customers in an innovative manner.
- Willingness to work collaboratively by incorporating diverse perspectives and appropriately managing relationships in order to strength decision-making.
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, small-company environment.
TESARO is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Primary Location: US-MA-Waltham
1000 Winter Street