Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood is seeking an Area Manager, Shale Facilities to oversee projects throughout the Front Range of Colorado. Successful candidates who are strong leaders, with solid communication and interpersonal skills, along with the technical knowledge and experiences in managing operational activity of the organization's facilities and processes in engineering, procurement, and/or construction environments. He/she will have demonstrated success in managing profit and loss, project operations, and coordination of project staff and sub-contractors to ensure safe, cost effective, efficient and timely completion of projects in order to meet and/or exceed client
- Models the Group’s safety vision, objectives and associated initiatives, ensuring the HSEQ culture is promoted and visible, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Supports the organizational culture which fosters innovation and collaboration, continuous improvement and change
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Identifies and assesses principal risks for the region and ensures that these are being monitored and managed
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Overseeing the preparation of RFP/RFQ solicitations when they are performance based requiring management plans, team qualifications, company qualifications, QC plans, performance history, company background, etc.
- Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of project deliverables
- Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the region
- Work hand-in-hand with the project team to create a mutual understanding of the project strategy based on the requirement of the job
- Developing and maintaining relationships and communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly and to build strong project delivery teams and long term relationships with customers
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the project management team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone management development program
- Locate, recruit, hire, mentor, and manage key talent to support projects
- Assure that projects achieve objectives and project completion within budget and time frame
- Manage the coordination of geographically dispersed project teams to ensure safe, cost effective, efficient and timely completion of projects in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree, or relevant years of experience, along with 5 - 10 years project management experience required
- Advanced knowledge of the construction industry and company operations
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication, and analytical skills
- Significant experience in lead roles in the management of midstream and/or self-performing construction operating units
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- Delegate responsibility and assure its proper completion in line with corporate guidelines and policy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to work across varied disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrable track record in P&L management in a customer focused role
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. May require close vision work.
- May be required to walk the job site
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.