Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
Maintain the smooth and timely flow of plant production ensuring a quality product is delivered to the next operation and customer. Achieve the business goals of the operation including cost, quality safety, and delivery. Coach, develop, and support hourly associates. Hold associates accountable for attainment of objectives. Drive Business Center strategies to the floor level.
- Safely maintain the smooth and timely flow of plant production, ensuring a quality product is delivered to the next operation/customer.
- Lead and promote safety in all aspects of the plant.
- Lead adherence of all procedures, audits, practices, and standard work within the operation.
- Develop employees and foster a team culture.
- Develop, maintain and provide continuous improvement in his/her team.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years relevant work experience while pursuing a bachelor's degree.
- 4-year technical degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year of relevant work experience. Manufacturing or military experience preferred.
- Experience in tire manufacturing processes preferred.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of safety and quality procedures, HR policies, and budgeting.
- Ability to lead change within teams.
- Mobility within the United States desired.
- Ability to optimize work processes.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Nearest Major Market: Danville
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment:Training, Manager, Program Manager, HR, Operations, Management, Human Resources