Standard Lumber, headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI and a Division of US LBM, is looking for an Area Operations Manager to join our team. The Area Operations Manager is a key leadership member overseeing all branch managers. This individual travels to all Standard locations mentoring, managing and coaching while ensuring metrics and processes are compliant.
Things you should know about working at Standard Lumber:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We work hard. We are a metric driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
The Area Operations Manager is responsible for (and not limited to):
- Direct oversight of all branch managers including establishing, monitoring, and maintaining company performance metrics for order fill rate, on time delivery, equipment utilization, and inventory accuracy.
- Resolves operating difficulties and implements resolutions.
- Assists in preparation of store budgets and monitors the compliance of each department in accordance to the budget.
- Reviews production reports, department expenses, labor costs, and other reports and documents related to store operations.
- Measures productivity of departments within branch i.e. counter, warehouse, and dispatch/drivers.
- Focuses on warehouse and delivery efficiencies to achieve desired on-time delivery to meet customer needs.
- Reviews product flow for best space and labor utilization.
- Monitors operational expenses within departments managed.
- Enforces Company policy and procedures involving customers, vendors and employees.
- Reviews personnel assignments with Branch managers and makes recommendations according to service needs and sales plans.
- Works with customers as necessary to help resolve problems and follows up on customer complaints to ensure a mutually satisfactory outcome.
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- You have a minimum 7 years of experience in Lumber and building materials for a multi-million dollar organization
- You have supervised a staff of 20+ individuals
- You are a motivated individual with strong communication skills
- You have 3 years of experience as a profitable store manager
- You are analytical in nature with a strong attention to detail
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- We�ll support your educational and career goals with our continuous education programs