Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do:
Public Relations Specialist
Kimpton seeks an experienced Public Relations Specialist to support the public relations department, based out of Kimpton's San Francisco home office. The candidate will support the department's administrative needs, while maintaining responsibilities related to day-to-day publicity efforts, PR agency relationships and management of special projects. Kimpton is looking for a bright, creative, energetic, self-motivated professional.
* Focusing primarily on the Kimpton brand and also supporting restaurant and hotel divisions
* Managing department resources, including photos, press clippings, and internal media recaps
* Assisting with special projects, events, research, writing, editing and the preparation and distribution of press releases
* Writing executive talking points, PR plans and supporting copy
* Maintaining departmental strategic planning calendar and project timelines
* Supporting PR department with media coordination, photo shoots, special events, and preparation for media interviews
* Managing Kimpton press kit updates; managing development of compelling fact sheets, backgrounders, bios, press releases, etc.
* Managing media database updates, compiling media lists as necessary and some distribution of press materials to media
* Managing department goals; tracking process and presenting results weekly to team
* Providing post-event analysis of PR activities as needed
* Coordinating PR agency contact list updates and correspondence (including distribution of media leads)
* Processing contracts for third party PR agency contractors
* Working with PR agencies to oversee outreach programs to secure prominent coverage in key publications, including plan development and execution
* Reviewing and providing input into 90-day action plans of hotel and restaurant PR agencies
* Supervising part time admin assistant
Specific experience we're seeking:
* 2 years of experience working in PR, agency preferred
* Experience in hospitality, tourism, entertainment or related fields a plus
* Bachelors degree in journalism, communications, marketing, business or a related field
* Excellent project management skills
* Excellent writing, editing and research skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excels in a fast-paced environment
* Excels in media relations
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the Internet
* Well-versed in social media and networking tools
* Ability to work as a team member
* Ability to follow-through on completion of tasks and responsibilities Experience in event planning a plus
* Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational and prioritization skills
* Proactive and resourceful in solving problems
* A results-oriented, self-motivated, creative individual with a high energy level and great sense of humor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).