Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
We are seeking an Area Manager – Purchasing & Stores for our Chemical plants in Columbus, OH, Conway, NC, and Composite Panels facility in Mt. Jewett, PA. As a part of our Strategic Sourcing & Procurement group, this role reports to the corporate office in Atlanta, GA with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Plant Managers at these facilities. This position will manage local procurement, storeroom operations, supervise a Stores Leader, and support Operations. The individual must be self-directed, work with a high sense of urgency, possess the ability to lead transformation, strategically solve problems, and collaborate with other disciplines to meet the needs of Operations. They may also be asked to participate on centralized sourcing teams, special projects, and cross-functional teams.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
• Sourcing, negotiating and purchasing equipment, MRO, services and supplies from local, regional and national suppliers.
• Managing storeroom inventory by ensuring the right parts are in the right place at the right time to support operations at the lowest total cost of ownership to GP.
• Optimizing working capital and MRO inventory levels.
• Driving value creation through transformation and innovation.
• Supervising, coaching, and mentoring storeroom personnel.
• Working with requestors to understand requirements, specifications, services, and timing.
• Managing appropriate use of national, regional, and local contract agreements.
• Identifying and analyzing opportunities to competitively bid local spend to achieve the lowest total cost of ownership.
• Work with internal customers to identify and address unmet needs in alignment with procurement, operations, and business unit goals to deliver long term value.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams at the facility and headquarters to implement initiatives.
• Ensures compliance with all safety, purchasing, fiduciary, stores and environmental policies and procedures.
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least 2 years of procurement or related experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Willing and able to travel approximately 40%
What Will Put You Ahead?
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Supply Chain, Finance or Engineering degree.
• Inventory or storeroom management experience.
• Experience negotiating with local, regional or national contracts.
• Supervisory experience.
• Experience with an inventory management computer system.
• 3 years of experience in the manufacturing industry.
• Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), or Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM).
Want to learn more aboutGeorgia-Pacific?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf