Position Summary: LANgineers is looking for a successful Area Sales Manager (ASM) to recruit and manage a sales team for our Burlingame CA office.
The ASM is responsible for hiring, managing, and coaching a team of Outside Sales Representatives to promote professional growth, increase sales and services of LANgineers products, and attain pipeline revenue targets.
The Area Sales Manager will be responsible for measuring, overseeing, and holding their team of sales representatives accountable for their daily activities, results, and professional development.
The role requires planning and developing short- and long-term goals, strong leadership skills with a proven ability to deliver results, and report directly to the Direct Sales Manager.
Langineers is a privately-owned company VoIP phone service company. LANgineers delivers state-of-the-art technology through our cloud-based "hosted" phone system service which delivers the most extensive and feature-rich telecommunications platform available. We offer businesses cost saving opportunities on their phone bill, increase their current features, and upgrade their internet - all of which are very attractive to business owners. We offer a fun, casual and energetic working environment with motivated people who care about what they do.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support, train, coach, and motivate their team of outside sales representatives to achieve sales and profit goals.
- Ensure the team remains focused and executes profitable activities.
- Establish and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction by building relationships with our strategic partners.
- Effectively manage their sales team to maintain a full pipeline of activity in order to be consistent month to month.
- Identifies and executes sales strategies by researching competitors, staying up-to-date on competitive pricing, delivery times and weights.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning resources; following up on work results.
- Document every lead, contact, and tasks completed
- Consistently cold calling, networking, prospecting to expand our customer base and potential revenue stream.
- Efficiently and accurately provide sales management information to the Sales Manager by completing reports.
- Continue to build and strengthen your team through recruiting, hiring, and development strategies. Oversee day-to-day activity of your sales team and monitor performance goals while providing ongoing feedback, coaching, and guidance through weekly 1: 1s or ad hoc discussions.
- Partner with sales leadership to ensure the team is meeting pipeline expectations
- Develop and refine best practices and ensure adherence to Salesforce usage and data integrity. Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvement and work with sales representatives to strategize and establish next steps for closing leads, including creating outreach strategies, refining effective messaging and ensuring the timely execution of these follow-up campaigns.
- Stay up to date on LANgineers’ product and services, industry intelligence and challenges, and client needs.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting using Salesforce and/or other sales tools
- Ability to mentor and coach the development of others with success coaching top performing teams
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding against quota and outlined metrics
- Ability to establish a deep understanding of the professional motivators of others, leveraging this knowledge to inspire a team
- Powerful communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, in person or on the phone
- Flexibility to work unpredictable hours in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple needs at once with exceptional organization and time management skills and strong business acumen
- Critical thinking skills to understand issues that are relevant for prospects and to LANgineers to drive towards desired outcomes.
- Desire to provide a superior level of accuracy, consistency, and work quality
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service oriented with the ability to partner with leaders and individuals at all levels and to work within a team
- Ability to develop strategies to achieve LANgineers and vendor goals
- Working understanding of telecommunications technologies
- Ability to develop and maintain effective high-level relationships
- Bachelor’s degree or degree from an accredited college/university or a combination of work experience and education
- Proven track record of 8+ years of sales results and sales program development
- Cold calling experience required
- Strong desire to expand and acquire new skills
- A minimum of 5 years of sales management experience with demonstrated success in leading a team of Sales Representatives in telecommunications or a relevant industry
- Proficiency utilizing CRM systems preferably Salesforce required
- Proven track record of success in building up a sales team
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and balance team and individual workloads through effective time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in new business development strategies and lead qualification
- Travels 25%-50%
Associated topics: director of sales, management, manager, principal, regional sales manager, sales leader, sales manager, shift lead, team leader, territory manager