The Area Sales Manager is responsible for the fiscal and day-to-day operations of the sales function. This role will maintain an effective and efficient sales and sales administration program and manage and mentor all Sales Representatives and staff. The Area Sales Manager is responsible for meeting sales targets and profit goals and meeting customer care objectives that coincide with the Austin business plan. The Area Sales Manager also provides exceptional customer care to existing and potential customers while demonstrating respect and professionalism.
Areas of Responsibility
- Accomplish sales objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Implement all regional homes sales processes, systems, training and recruitment.
- Oversee the procurement of, and following up on, sales leads to produce sales.
- Meet profit objectives by home.
- Oversee all sales documentation and paperwork related to the business, including completing accurate and timely contract paperwork.
- Obtain and analyze competitive data and give input on how to produce more sales at a greater profit
- Improve product marketability and profitability by improving product packaging
- Accomplish sales operational objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating sales action plans.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; and maintaining involvement within the Austin residential homebuilding industries.
- Liaise with the Design and Construction department to ensure proper information flow, orderly start and delivery of sold and spec homes.
- Work with the Marketing Department to identify marketing opportunities; determine consumer requirements, market needs, and competitors’ strengths and weaknesses; forecast projected business; establish targeted market share.
- New home sales leadership experience required (i.e. training, leading a team, mentoring)
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in business or related area a plus.
- Combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Supervisory experience managing teams of 3-5 people.
- A minimum of 5 years of new home sales experience is a requirement.
- Proficient computer knowledge (i.e. Microsoft Office) suite a plus.
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent extended health benefits
• 401k matching
• Generous tuition assistance program
• Leadership development and mentorship programs
• Charitable donation matching
• A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the design and construction of premier homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.