Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US, LLC. has an excellent opportunity for a Area Sales Manager I, Residential
This position manages and maintains oversight of residential market activity in a respective BU. Serves as a single point-of-contact for a Business Unit on all Residential Sales projects and activities.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees all Residential Personnel wit in the Business Unit
- With guidance from BUD, has authority over pricing on residential projects.
- Set sales objectives for the Residential Market within Business Unit.
- In charge of creation and implementation of strategic initiatives on the residential business of the Business Unit.
- Communicates with the capability leaders on setting priorities for customers.
- Provide residential market analysis and strategic plan on how to grow the residential market to the Business Unit Director.
- Participate in local professional groups, industry associations and functions.
- Advise Business Unit Director on market conditions.
- Establish strong business relationships to ensure sales and profitability goals are met.
- Manage a group of residential sales personnel.
- Manage multiple territories with multiple distributors.
- Suggest promotional and marketing ideas with measurements for success.
- In charge of Business Unit Inventory and Sales reports.
- Manage Residential business within Business Unit (which includes: margin analysis, sales analysis and other business functions).
- M.B.A. preferred or degree in related field.
- Minimum 8 years sales experience preferably in the HVAC industry.
- Minimum 8 years calling on the residential and mechanical contractors.
- Minimum 8 years of being a sales manager having direct reports.
- Familiar with HVAC wholesale and dealer organizations helpful.
- Ability to read and comprehend architect and engineer plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a diverse background of people.
- Ability to create and understand business plans.
- Familiar and have experience with P&L.
- Familiar with PowerPoint/Excel/Word and other Microsoft Office products.
- Willing to travel.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
ABOUT MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC TRANE HVAC US
Formed in 2018, Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US (METUS) is a leading provider of ductless and VRF systems in the United States and Latin America. A 50 percent – 50 percent joint venture between Ingersoll Rand plc and Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc., the company provides innovative products, systems and solutions capable of cooling and heating any application from a home to a large commercial building.
METUS is a leading marketer of Zoned Comfort Solutions® and Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) air-conditioning and heating technology. Systems sold by the joint venture include a wide variety of technologically advanced products designed to deliver superior efficiency, comfort and control.
The family of brands supported by METUS includes: Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, Trane® / Mitsubishi Electric and American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning / Mitsubishi Electric. More information is available at www.metahvac.com.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including 401(K).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, domestic partnership, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, military or veteran status or other legally protected status (except when one of these criteria is a legally permissible bona fide occupational qualification).
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the Company, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants with a disability who need assistance with the application process may contact Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 714.229.3813.