Area Sales Manager - Pacific Northwest
JOIN THE TEAM THAT’S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For nearly 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we’re driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity in the Pacific Northwest for an Area Sales Manager.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your career forward!
The Area Sales Manager (ASM) responsible for managing assigned fleet and dealer accounts to maintain and grow our Allison business. The ASM is responsible for the development and execution of their sales plan necessary to achieve Allison’s growth objectives. Responsibilities also include providing input into the development of the market demand forecast and SOP sales demand forecast. ASM to drive alignment and activity with corresponding Allison Distributor(s). The territory includes Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Northern Idaho.
The ideal candidate will work from their home office in Seattle, Portland or surrounding areas and perform the following activities:
- Develop and execution of area sales plans and activities designed to increase Allison volume and penetration.
- Identify and pursue incremental sales volume in targeted markets and vocations
- Manage and retain existing Allison customers
- Manage and implement key growth initiatives and programs
- Become a value added resource for customers, OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) dealers, and distributors through training, support and vehicle specification and develop long term relationship
- Contact, train, and assist OEM dealer sales people
- Develop and execute sales presentations to dealers, distributors, and end-user customers
- Complete vehicle application analysis to insure proper product utilization and optimization
- Negotiate and manage sales incentives
- Manage customer support issues that would influence customer satisfaction or impact future sales
- Represent Allison at Industry trade shows and exhibits, and Industry Associations and Meetings
- Report real time market dynamics and competitive updates to support forecasting efforts
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous sales or customer support experience
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to travel on a regular basis for company business
- Demonstrated ability to build valued business relationships
- 5 plus years of experience in the commercial truck industry
- Thorough understanding of Allison product offerings
- Proficiency with computer software and operating systems appropriate to position
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance and/or reasonable accommodations reviewing any of the careers information, please contact us at 317-242-5000.