- People Management:
- Support each District Managers team’s opportunity for success, providing direction, supervision, training, evaluation and development.
- Work with District Managers on personnel issues and territory alignment.
- Reinforce established work-with schedules with each District Manager; conduct coaching days in the field with District Managers and Territory Managers.
- Overall responsibility for division personnel issues and territory alignment.
- Sales Plan Implementation and Company/Supplier Goal Achievement:
- Assist in the development of sales plans, quotas, profit and supplier goals and the methods to achieve those goals.
- Regularly review sales versus goal progress and report findings.
- Assist Sales Manager in achieving a successful business plan.
- Educate staff to build/improve product knowledge.
- Work closely with supplier partners to create a positive environment and goal achievement.
- Account Relationships:
- Consistently survey market conditions to create and/or improve business.
- Maintain an active role in building key account business relationships.
- Develop and manage lists of opportunity accounts.
- Administrative Functions:
- Assist Sales Manager in providing accurate forecasting for inventory management.
- Monitor accounts receivable and follow-up with problem accounts timely.
- Abide by Company and legal policies governing the industry.
- Attend and take part in the development and preparation of meetings and presentations.
- Keep abreast of competitive information and activity.
- Properly use and care for all company property.
- Maintain a clean, safe and presentable working area and vehicle condition
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience preferred.
- Prior management experience in industry required.
- Prior experience working with suppliers and/or in a wholesale/distributor environment strongly desired.
- Demonstrated coaching and leadership skills with proven positive results required.
- An understanding of wine and spirits is required.
- Individuals with strong accounting, computer, customer service and interpersonal expertise preferred.
- Must be a results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills; uses diplomacy and discretion. Strong customer service orientation. Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail, and meet deadlines.
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various programs including presentation software.
- Prior experience working with DIVER, Go Spot Check, and/or Quota Tracker a plus
- Familiarity with assigned territory is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- The position requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and Human Performance testing.
Johnson Brothers Mutual Distributing of North Carolina provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Time Type:Full time