Area Specification operates as a sales consultant to influence and aide decision makers in the irrigation industry. This includes but is not limited to Irrigation Consultants, Landscape Architects, Public Agency Accounts and Corporate Account customers within the region. The objective is to drive irrigation specifications and standardization for Rain Bird products.
- Establish Rain Bird as the primary product specified on Specifications.
- Establish and implement call strategies that delivers increased specification and sales within the assigned territory.
- Conduct product demonstration and become the product technical expert for the regional team.
- Develop relationships with targeted Irrigation Consultants, Landscape Architects and Corporate Accounts at the decision maker level.
- Closely coordinate with the Distributor Managers and Contractor Account Managers working within the territory to identify customers who represent the greatest opportunities.
- Develop and implement sales programs designed to aggressively grow the territory through specification.
- Analyze sales results, demonstrate products, educate irrigation users, and work as an essential member of the territory team.
- Make Rain Bird the most visible manufacturer to all Specifiers in the region.
- Participation in ASIC, ASLA, STMA and other organizations for the purpose of networking and generating opportunities to sell Rain Bird products.
- This position requires approximately 20% overnight travel.
- Bachelors Degree.
- 5+ years work experience in sales.
- Working knowledge of residential and commercial irrigation products and practices.
- Basic computer knowledge and familiarity with word processing spreadsheets and database applications.
- Self motivated, team player, results oriented and excellent communication skills required.
- Landscape Architect degree or other technical or engineering degree.
- MBA degree desired
- Applicant must live within the assigned region.
Get to know us:
We have been the irrigation industry leader for over 80 years. We craft innovative irrigation products that make beautiful landscapes, golf courses, and grow productive agricultural crops while advocating for the Intelligent Use of Water.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.