We are seeking a highly experienced technical lead with Data Modeling skills to join our Enterprise Solutions Architecture team to support day to day management of Data Engineering activities for the MRA program.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing, participating in and consulting on the data architecture, design and develop data models and implementation of models across PaaS & Analytics projects of various sizes & complexity. This role will support our software engineers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout projects. The candidate must have a proven ability to drive technology, data & analytics initiative projects and provide leadership for a team of architects in an onsite/offshore delivery model in a fast paced environment as well as perform in a hands on architecture & development capacity.
The Role / Responsibilities:
- Participate in design sessions to understand business needs and functional / non-functional requirements, and apply appropriate patterns and practices.
- Design and manage data models across various functional areas and ensure enterprise data is structured for ease of use.
- Strong relational and dimensional Data modeling and information classification expertise.
- Represent data modeling concerns in design, implementation and deployment reviews
- Provide guidance to business, solution development and operations teams in applying leading and emerging data technologies.
- Account for solutions in the supported functional area by safeguarding the data model consistency, the data flows process structure and the data integrity.
- Develop, manage and update the data models, including physical and logical models of the data warehouse, data mart and staging area and sometimes the operational data store and data source systems.
- Review Data Models with Data SMEs, Data Modeler (peer reviews), Development teams, and architecture teams.
- Manage the delivery of the data model implementation in the AWS with the project team.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate experience in each of the above responsibilities and focus areas, with the following specific qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, Statistics or related technical field required.
- 5+ years as Lead Engineer in AWS data modelling or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Minimum of 9 years’ experience with Logical Design demonstrated with large scale, multiple business solutions across divisions or enterprise.
- Experience in data modeling, harmonizing, cross functional integrations, optimizations, supporting enhancements, troubleshooting support issues.
- Experience with applied design techniques for optimizing models for operational, reporting, analysis and distribution/API data needs in AWS.
- Experience developing pipelines for ingestion of data from various sources.
- Experience working with AWS technologies (S3, Glue Crawler and ETL,ECS, Sagemaker,Redshift,RDS, Aurora PostgreSQL, SQS, EKS, CloudFormation) and computing needs(SQL,Lambda,Python).
- Experience with infrastructure as code platform (Terraform, Chef, etc.)
- Experience with containerization leveraging Docker abd CI/CD pipelines (Gitlab CI, CircleCI, Codefresh, etc.)
- Experience with web development, API’s, and web services.
- Experience developing solutions with mix of structured, semi-structured and unstructured information.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Good communication and written skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, QA-focused.
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Industry Certification in AWS is a plus.