- Enforces regulations designed to prevent breaches of security.
- Exercises judgment and use discretion in dealing with whether first response should be to intervene directly (asking for assistance when deemed necessary and time allows), to keep situation under surveillance, or to report situation so that it can be handled by appropriate authority.
- Duties require specialized training in methods and techniques of protecting security areas.
- Safely maintains and qualifies with assigned weapon, maintains uniform and grooming standards IAW company policies, operates patrol vehicle in a safe manner.
General Knowledge of
- Access Control
- Visitor Processing
- Patrol and Response
- At least three years of relevant security guard experience or
- Current or prior Law Enforcement or
- Active or prior Military
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this position requires U.S. Citizenship status.
- At least 21 years of age
- Currently hold active Florida D and G licenses
- Speak, read, write, and comprehend English
- Pass Background Investigation
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- No felony convictions and no convictions that reflect on personal reliability.
- Must Possess a valid driver’s license
- No record or history of illegal drug use, sale, possession, or manufacture within five years
- Stand for prolonged periods
- Free of any communicable disease
- 20/20 vision or corrected vision to 20/20
- Not colorblind
- Hearing an ordinary conversation at 20 feet without artificial hearing devices.
- Not diagnosed with any mental illness that would cause conflict or create unsafe working conditions. (If diagnosed, employee must provide proof that the illness can be controlled by medication and that the employee is taking said medication as prescribed).
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical.