Enforces regulations designed to prevent breaches of security. Exercises judgment and use discretion in dealing with whether first response should be to intervene directly (asking for assistance when deemed necessary and time allows), to keep situation under surveillance, or to report situation so that it can be handled by appropriate authority. Duties require specialized training in methods and techniques of protecting security areas. Safely maintains and qualifies with assigned weapon, maintains uniform and grooming standards IAW company policies, operates patrol vehicle in a safe manner
Duties include but are not limited to
- Protecting Property from theft or damage
- Protecting persons from hazards or interference
- Serving a fixed post
- Foot Patrols
- Escorting persons or property
This position works is Monday - Friday and is Day Shift.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this position requires U.S. Citizenship status.
- As required by Federal Contract, be at least 21 years of age
- Speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
- High School education or GED equivalent.
- Ability to pass a background investigation.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical exam.
- Effective communicator and good writing ability.
- NY Driver's License
- Necessary qualifications to work as an Armed Guard in New York City.
At least three years of relevant Armed Security Guard, Law Enforcement, Military, or Corrections experience.
General Knowledge of
- Access Control
- Visitor Processing
- Patrol and Response
- Control Center Operations