DK Security is recruiting for the position of Armed Security Officer(s) in Battle Creek, MI. You will find the job description listed below. Please review the position carefully.
REPORTS TO:Site Supervisor
TITLE: ARMED SECURITY OFFICER
- Rate of Pay:$14.40- $15.50/hour (depending on the site location and experience)
- Benefits:dental, vision, life insurance, group accident, short term disability, and paid medical leave. Full-time employees are also eligible for medical benefits and paid time off.
3rd shift- Must be available weekends
SCOPE: Armed Security Officers are responsible for protecting the site’s building, grounds, assets, employees, tenants and visitors against criminal activity, accidents, fires and natural disasters.
- Must provide exceptional customer service when dealing with Clients, Customers, Co-Workers, etc.
- Will work closely alongside military personnel on a daily basis.
- Will use radios and other communication devices to clearly report emergency situations to dispatch.
- Guard posts – this may include gatehouses, building lobbies or reception areas.
- Conduct foot patrols including but not limited to exterior and interior of buildings, gates, entrances, doors, windows, and vents.
- Conduct vehicle patrols using company/client vehicles.
- May stand or work outside in the elements for long periods of time.
- Monitor surroundings on closed-circuit television, as well as monitoring other computer systems and alarms.
- Ensure unauthorized persons do not enter restricted areas.
- Check for employee and vendor identifications.
- Look for suspicious persons, packages and activities.
- Inspect vehicles and packages as well as monitor deliveries.
- May direct traffic on the premises and issue parking violations.
- May provide first aid or other medical treatment in emergency situations.
- Must follow site specific post guidelines.
- Document daily activities and report all incidents.
- Must participate in training scenarios and simulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America,
- Must have a current, valid Concealed Pistol License.
- Must have either a high school diploma or GED equivalent (some college is preferred).
- Must be of good moral character and have the ability to pass a criminal background check, with no felony convictions, and no misdemeanor convictions for criminal sexual conduct or related offenses, theft, assault, illegal substances, multiple alcohol related offenses, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test at the time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must have impeccable grooming (i.e. ability to adhere to our Appearance and Grooming policy).
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and email.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to various locations.
- Must possess a valid State of Michigan driver’s license, and have a clean driving record with less than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years, less than 2 at-fault accidents in the last 3 years, and no other major violations in the last 3 years.
- Must be willing to become CPR/1st Aide/AED Certified (prior certification is preferred).
- 2 years of experience in law enforcement, military, or armed security is preferred.
- Knowledge of procedures on use of wire and radio communications, and report writing preferred.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically and mentally sound
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, and to hold objects
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for 8-12 hour shifts, including walking long distances, and possibly up and down stairs
- Must be readily able to respond to emergency situations
- Must be able to work in or outdoors during all seasons
- Must be able to hear conversations (in person or via 2-way radio) in noisy environments.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 70 pounds
- Must be able to pass a Physical Agility Test within 90 days of hire, and annually thereafter. The PAT includes activities such as sprinting, sit-up's, push-up's, and a mile and a half run (all activities are timed events).
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must have flexible availability and willingness to work on short notice.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the core functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (**Note: Due to carrying a weapon for this position, individuals taking medications which might affect the mental demands or physical demands WILL be required to get a medical clearance). While performing duties, the employee may be regularly required to stand or sit for extended periods, walk long distances, use hands to handle, hold or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with arms, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to hear conversations in noisy environments. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
The information contained in this position description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by persons holding this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently in these positions and may change from time to time considering immediate operational requirements.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. The employee may be required to work in outside weather conditions and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and high noise levels. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. The employee must work independently and with other staff to meet demands from several persons at the same time.
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK Security's job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status. M/F EEO/AA Employee
- Rate of Pay: Hourly + Benefits
- Benefits for part-time employees include: Dental, Vision, Term/Whole/Supplemental Life, On & Off The Job Accident, Short Term Disability, and Critical Illness.
- Benefits for full-time employees include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Term/Whole/Supplemental Life, On & Off The Job Accident, Short Term Disability, Critical Illness, and paid time off.