Armed Security Officer $14.50/hr. (Full Benefits)
SAFETY & SECURITY in St. Petersburg, FL, USA
About the Company
The Tampa Bay Times, which is Florida's largest daily newspaper, has been part of the Tampa Bay community for more than 130 years. Locally owned and independent, the Times has long been celebrated for its outstanding and credible journalism, practiced with integrity in the public interest and has been ranked among the Top 10 newspapers in the country. It has chronicled the Tampa Bay region’s growth with outstanding journalism, winning 12 Pulitzers and numerous other awards along the way.
How to Apply
- Must meet state of Florida law to be licensed to carry a firearm
- Maintain a current Class “D” and Class “G” security officer license.
- Own personal 9mm weapon required (Must be approved by Management).
- Clean criminal history/background and driver’s license.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to respond to any emergency.
- Successful Candidate will be trained on Baton, OC, Handcuffs, TASER and CPR/AED/FA
- Monday, Tuesday 12pm-8pm (Off Wednesday and Thursday), Friday 8am-4pm, and Saturday and Sunday 4pm-12am.
- Training period will be conducted at our St Petersburg location.
- Benefits for Full-Time Eligible Employees
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans beginning your first day of employment with the company.
- 100% employer paid short-term and long-term disability.
- 100% employer paid basic life insurance.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tax-Deferred Savings Plan for retirement.
- Weekly payroll.
- A generous vacation and personal leave time program and much more…
Interested applicants should click apply