Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Reston, VA.
This position is under the direct supervision of the Regional Program Coordinator for the United States Coast Guard Security Program. Staff armed security posts and provide security for the personnel and property of, and visitors to, assigned US Government Property.
* Provide security protection and access control.
* Provide security protection for all government property, classified material and personnel within assigned areas of responsibility to preclude unauthorized access, theft, or intentional destruction.
* Report/respond to unusual or emergency situations.
* Be alert for potential security, property or safety concerns and initiate the appropriate actions.
* Control ingress/egress into and/or out of posted/controlled/security areas.
* Prevent/report all violations of security and safety rules and regulations.
* Respond to protective alarm signals or other unusual/suspicious activities.
* Maintain a working knowledge of all security and guard orders, written and oral, pertaining to the assigned duties.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of 2 years prior security experience or equivalent workforce experience. (Military, College or equivalent)
* Ability to handle office related material such as, computer equipment, printout paper, notebooks, ledgers, badge printer and Alarm Monitors.
* High School education or GED equivalent.
* Background investigation and pre-employment drug screening is conducted.
* Also able to pass a Physical Agility Test, MMP Psych Test and a Medical Physical.
* Able to obtain an Interim Secret Security Clearance within 6 months of submittal of SF 86.
* Strong teamwork and communication skills. Must be flexible/adaptable to constantly changing environment
* Ability to make verbal and written presentations related to site procedures and post orders
* Intermediate to advanced level keyboard and computer skills
* Ability to coordinate multiple assignments, actions and direct others to locations and tasks
* Ability to use sound judgment in stressful situations and capable of staying alert during period of inactivity.
* Must have report writing skills.
* Must have Weapons/Firearms knowledge and pass a weapons qualification Course.
* Valid Puerto Rico Driver's License, drivers record must be provided.
* Current Puerto Rico Security Guard Permit. If in process of renewal, need to provide evidence.
* Current Puerto Rico Gun License with Carrying Permit. If in process of renewal, need to provide evidence.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Work is performed inside and outside a US Coast Guard installation, with exposure to inclement weather conditions and unpredictable crisis situations. Shift work is required. Some work may require physical activities such as lifting, stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
* May require work in risk / hazardous conditions which apply to the USCG base. Capability of using required tools and equipment. Have capacity to cope with mental and emotional stress. Must be free of communicable diseases and pass required screenings.
* Heavy work: Exerting up to 200 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Must have visual and audio acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment, machines such as fire equipment and apparatuses, firearms and clearing barrels.
* May be subject to outdoor conditions including extreme temperatures and weather
* Subject to high noise levels
* Subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals
* May be required to be fitted for and/or wear a respirator
* Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks, and may be required to climb stairs or ladders and walk up inclines and on uneven terrain.
* Must meet all physical and psychological standards as required by the contract
* Travel may be required
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 21,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees' ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world's most demanding places.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled