DK Security is recruiting for the position ofArmed Security Officers in Battle Creek, MI area.You will find the job description listed below. Please review the position carefully. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please follow the instructions listed below to complete our online application.
Veterans Encouraged to Apply!!!
TITLE:Armed Security Officer
1st, 2nd , and 3rd shift; weekends and holidays’
16-32+ hours/week (part-time)
- Rate of Pay:$14.40- $15.50/hour (depending on the site location and experience)
- Benefits:dental, vision, life insurance, group accident, short term disability, and paid medical leave. Full-time employees are also eligible for medical benefits and paid time off.
SCOPE:Armed Security Officers are responsible for protecting the site’s building, grounds, assets, employees, tenants and visitors against criminal activity, accidents, and fires. Armed Security Officers in this region will protect one of the States most critical infrastructures: our military bases! You will work on a team to control access to the facility at all entry/exit points and will perform vehicle patrols around the grounds as well. This is your opportunity to work on a team and serve a truly critical purpose!
- Guard posts – this may include gatehouses, building lobbies or reception areas.
- Monitor surroundings on closed-circuit television and may be required to make rounds of the area.
- Ensure unauthorized persons do not enter restricted areas.
- Check for employee and vendor identifications.
- Look for suspicious persons, packages and activities.
- Inspect vehicles and packages as well as monitor deliveries.
- May direct traffic on the premises and issue parking violations.
- May provide first aid or other medical treatment in emergency situations.
- Monitor many computer systems and alarms.
- Must follow site specific post guidelines.
- Foot patrol of interior and exterior to check gates, entrances, doors, windows and vents.
- Document daily activities and incident reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED
- Armed security or law enforcement experience preferred.
- Must have valid drivers’ license andCPL(Concealed Pistol License).
- Ability to read and write fluently and effectively.
- Must have knowledge of procedures on use of wire and radio communications and report writing.
- Must have excellent organization and communication skills.
- Medical First Responder certified preferred.
- Must pass an extensive pre-employment criminal background screen & drug screen.
- Must be able to work various shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be neat, fit, well groomed, and present a professional image.
- Must have the ability to lift 70 lbs.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the core functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (**Note: Due to carrying a weapon for this position, individuals taking medications which might affect the mental demands or physical demands WILL be required to get a medical clearance).While performing duties, the employee may be regularly required to stand or sit for extended periods, walk long distances, use hands to handle, hold or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with arms, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to hear conversations in noisy environments. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The information contained in this position description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by persons holding this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently in these positions and may change from time to time considering immediate operational requirements.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. The employee may be required to work in outside weather conditions and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and high noise levels. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. The employee must work independently and with other staff to meet demands from several persons at the same time.
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on the individual's race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, height, weight, disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status.