Alutiiq Advanced Security Solutions, LLC is currently recruiting Armed Security Officers for the ATF Headquarters, Washington, DC.Selected applicants will be responsible for manning entry/access control points, performing escort duties, serving as over-watch officers, conducting vehicle inspections, and performing roving patrols to ensure the overall security for the customer.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Possess any combination of two (2) years of experience in either physical security (as asecurityofficer armed or unarmed) and/or service with the United State Armed Services.
- Associate’s Degree in Security or Law Enforcement related field
- Two (2) years of service with a branch of the United States Armed Services
- Be a High School graduate or possess a GED
- Possess any/all required State Security Guard licenses/permits
- Meet/maintain contract grooming standards
- Meet and maintain medical and physical fitness standards
- Pass a background/security investigation
- Pass a pre-employment medical and drug testing and remain drug free during period of employment.
- Be available to work rotating shifts, nights, weekends and holidays
- Be proficient with the English language
- Possess excellent communication skills and knowledge in security operations
- Cannot possess a Federal Firearms License
- Possess or be eligible to obtain an activeSECRET Security Clearance
- Meet and maintain Government approval
- Current range certification with a Glock 17 (9MM) semi-automatic pistol and 12 gauge shotgun
- Be certified as an armed security officer by one of the following:
- Washington DC Special Police License
- Possess or obtain a Washington DC special Police license through the DC metro policy Security officer's management Branch.
- Be a resident who is current, or Honorably Discharged member of the U.S. Armed Services
This is a great opportunity for retired Military or Civilian Police.
- Previous experience in armed security or law enforcement required.
- Please note, that pursuant to a government contract, this position requires U.S. Citizenship status.