Sabre Systems is currently seeking a Army/APG Director with leadership and management experience to lead an innovative team supporting the Army at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, and other related locations. The successful candidate will be responsible for all of Sabre’s Army/Aberdeen operations with a focus on providing leadership, business development, and program management for Sabre’s evolving C4ISR and Cyber initiatives and services. The selected candidate should be a self-starter, possess technical competence, be comfortable interacting with all levels of customer (both uniformed and civilian) leadership, and be a quick thinker and problem solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
• Intimate working knowledge of the Army/APG community and other DoD organizations
• Strong program management skills including managing participation on large IDIQs (e.g. R2-3G, TIES, TAOSS, etc.)
• Proven leadership skills
• Technical background
Specific duties include the following:
• Identify, conduct and/or support business development and capture initiatives
• Develop near, mid and long term pipeline and roadmap
• Lead and/or support proposal and sources sought responses
• Lead Sabre’s participation in large Army IDIQs (e.g. RS3, ITES-3S, AMCOM, etc.)
• Actively engage with APG professional organizations and contracting community for the purpose of expanding Sabre’s brand and teaming
• Contribute to viable and useful periodic reporting to keep all senior leaders and managers informed of operations and business development activities and planning
• Manage local office operations, contracts and task orders
• Direct, lead and supervise employees at both embedded sites and Sabre sites
• Participate in building of Annual Operating Plans (AOP) and revenue forecasts
• Manage budgets, costs, spending and rates, and profit and loss
• Implement employee quality of life initiatives
• Develop plans for continued staff training, professional growth and strengthening morale and teamwork.
• Screen and interview new hire candidates and supporting customer meetings with candidates.
- BS and/or Advanced Degree preferably in engineering or a related technical field
- Fifteen (15)+ years of relevant experience
- Candidate must have an active DOD Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret, or be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret and TS Clearance
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success – join Sabre!
We respect the unique perspectives that a diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans brings not only to our company, but also to our customers. Sabre provides an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K plan.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans