FIND THE FIT FOR YOU AT AVENUE
Avenue, a fashion retailer specializing in plus size women's apparel, is seeking an Art Director.
The Art Director, in tandem with the Creative Director and Senior Art Director, is responsible for the visual aesthetic of all creative marketing needs. Individual will oversee the brand direction across all assets of print and digital mediums and ensure the integrity of the brand is always present.
This position reports to our Senior Art Director and supervises graphic designer(s) and interfaces with the Marketing and Merchandising groups.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs for all aspects of the business including web (home pages, landing pages and banners), emails, texts, print & e-catalogs, direct mail, store signage, on-product design, print advertisements, photo-shoot guides, presentations and other collateral
- Responsible for providing art direction and feedback to designers on their projects.
- Works with the Creative Director and Senior Art Director to conceptualize campaigns, formats and aesthetics for the overall season as well as specific projects.
- Maintains a strong understanding of the fashion industry and keeps abreast of current trends in the retail world by regularly researching other brands.
- Multi-tasks and balances multiple projects at one time. Successful at managing time and work flow.
- Problem solves and finds multiple design solutions, especially under narrow parameters and/or time restraints.
- Ensures projects are on time, within budget, and meets brand standards.
- Provides direction and feedback to designers. Distributes work and ensures work flow is appropriately managed. Meets deadlines consistently.
- Develops & maintains relationships with outside vendors, discusses projects with them, assigns projects and ensures all artwork/projects are executed properly.
EXPERIENCE, TALENT and SKILLS:
- BS/BA in Graphic Design or equivalent/related work experience
- 5 years’ Graphic Design experience; Corporate identity and branding
- Advanced proficiency: InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop. PC & MAC based environment(s)
- Retail / Fashion background required; Online portfolio preferred
- Excellent conceptual and cutting edge design skills
- Strong foundation in print with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to multi task and thrive in a fast pace environment
- Excellent communication skills with a willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Full computer production skills, i.e., creating digital files to go to press, etc.
- Some travel is required
Qualified candidates, if our opportunity is the right fit for you, please forward your resume to us for immediate consideration.
Avenue Stores, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.