During our 12-week Summer Internship, Art Interns will work in collaboration with mentors and the Art Department gaining valuable feature film experience. As an intern, you will do the following:
- Gain knowledge about the Pixar production process and pipeline.
- Under the guidance of the Production Designer, work on designs, design sketches and model packets for review, revision and Production Designer approval.
- Research and collect reference materials to inspire your designs and techniques.
- Utilize Photoshop and other software programs to help do your design sketches, paintings, and schematics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Your portfolio shows your strengths in illustration and/or animation design.
- You have an art background demonstrating a deep understanding of layout, design and strong draftsmanship.
- You possess the required working knowledge of Photoshop.
- You are organized, detail oriented and enjoy working quickly and collaboratively.
- You have a positive outlook and a strong work ethic.
- You are working towards a degree or certificate in animation, illustration, film, or related field. If you have already graduated but are within the first year since your graduation at the start of the internship, you are also eligible to apply.
- Demonstrate your aesthetic via your online demo reel or portfolio.
- You are available to work full-time Mon - Fri for 12-weeks between June 2020 – August 2020.
Submission Process and Application Materials:
- Please apply online at Pixar.com -- no submissions accepted via mail or in person.
- Attach a single PDF containing your cover letter and resume.
- Provide a link to your online demo reel or portfolio in the "Demo Reel” section of the application; without this, you are not eligible for the internship.
- If it has a password, please be sure to include an accurate password.
- Due to the high volume of submissions, we are not able to provide feedback nor are we able to respond to requests for application status. You will be notified when there is an update on your application.
- In submitting your application, you are agreeing to the terms of our Submission Release Form. Without this, we are unable to consider your application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 9, 2020