Instructor will facilitate arts or general education experiences for youth and adults within classes, workshop, and special events. Instructor will work with diverse learners in a citywide program.
- Facilitate youth and family arts or general education activities during daytime, ‘after-school’ hours and/or evenings, year-round.
- Implement and develop class curriculum; working within class timeframe and allocated instructor hours and materials’ budget.
- Select and order supplies and other materials for classes, events, and special projects.
- Assist in the planning, development and organization of programming that focuses upon providing educational and social skills through arts or general education.
- Help develop and implement youth and family programming that reaches underserved families in Salt Lake City.
- Perform self- and class-evaluations.
- Work independently at satellite class locations; maintain productive and professional relationship with site partners.
- Develop successful relationships with participating youth and families.
- Supervise volunteer support within class, when applicable.
- May manage classroom facilities and related supplies inventory.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Dance, Music, Theatre, Film, Visual Art, Literature, Art Education, and a current Utah State Teaching Certificate.
- Considerable knowledge of particular art form (i.e. Dance, Theatre, Fine Arts.) Experience with a range of methods and techniques. Ability to use creative and innovative approaches to arts or general education programming.
- Experience working with youth and ability to deal with them in a positive way. Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from different social and ethnic backgrounds.