West Studio is looking for an experienced and consistent Art Production Manager. The Art Production Manager will work closely with the Studio Leadership, Art Directors, Clients and Artists to ensure projects maintain the highest quality while consistently staying on budget and schedule. This role is a full-time position based in Pasadena, California.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, manages and communicates the project deliverables, tasks, dependencies, team resourcing, and process Consistently assesses project risks and communicates contingency plans to the necessary stakeholders
- Partners with the Director of Business Development to ensure continuity as a project moves from sales into production
- Drives weekly team meetings providing comprehensive overviews of all projects, raising concerns while suggesting resolutions
- Manages and organizes project documentation including NDAs, Artist Contracts, SOWs, etc.
- Maintains and grows the West Studio Artist Database
- Researches, recruits and hires Artists (primarily independent contractors)
- Oversees the approval and processing of Artist invoices
- Manages additional office support tasks, company events and special projects
REQUIRED SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Minimum five years of professional project management experience, working on creative projects preferably in the entertainment industry
- Superb attention to detail, good judgement, and listening skills along with outstanding written and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines and expectations
- A positive supportive attitude that will help to encourage and empower the studio’s goals
- A disciplined workflow, but flexible enough to pivot when needed
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in the Google Suite, Airtable, Skype, Slack, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop
- A passion for the creative development of video games, film, television, commercials, graphic novels, etc.
- Experience working with remote teams is a plus
Located in Pasadena, California, West Studio is a concept art and visual development house focused on world-building and IP development for the entertainment industry. The studio is comprised of a worldwide network of artists headed up by veteran Creative Director and CEO Tyler West. Learn more at: www.weststudio.com
In addition to your resume, please include a short statement on why the Art Production Manager role is the right fit for your skills and experience and send it to: info[at]weststudio.com