Middle School Teaching/Art
Daniel Wright Junior High
School District 103 is seeking to fill position for 6-8 Art teacher leave of absence August 21, 2020 - November 16, 2020.
Additional transition days will be required and arranged between the building principal, teacher and candidate.
The Middle School Art Teacher is responsible for teaching art education to students in grades 6-8, and assists the staff of the school in the improvement and appreciation of art instruction. Helps students grow in their enjoyment, appreciation, of art through a variety of organized activities.
- Developing and implementing curriculum based upon State standards
- Attend regular staff meetings and on-site meetings as required
- Plan and instruct students on District and state standards aligned curriculum
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with parents and students on progress
- Participate in staff development and school improvement activities in order to maintain professional growth
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Candidate must hold Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL)
Elementary K-12 Art endorsements/approvals required
The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 20% sitting, 40% walking, and 40% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Apply online only.
Online applications will be reviewed by administration and potential candidates will benotified for interviews.