Machine LearningEngineer–Artificial Intelligence Development
Automated Biological Target Detection
Summary: Galileo is seeking an experienced Machine Learning (ML) engineer who will contribute to our team of imaging scientists to test, build, implement and maintain Artificial Intelligence (AI) focused algorithms and modeling techniques. This is a new contract position with possibilities for transition to full-time to focus on our mobile image analytics initiative for detecting and assessing human-skin related features from high-resolution images. Supplementary support may include vegetative detection models and analytics. The candidate will be providing software architecture design, build and ongoing development support to an advanced imaging team providing leading edge state-of-the-art operational detection services and analytics to client companies. Focus is on analytic workflow enhancements and automation via scripting, tool development, and machine learning. Candidates must demonstrate proven experience and possess excellent problem-solving and analytical skills in understanding, designing and building software infrastructure functions which supportour mobile image analytics initiativebuilding on Galileo’s proven remote sensing expertise.Example tasks include automated classification of skin lesions, automated detection and change assessment of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as design and realization of GUI and function implementation tailored to specific client and/or project needs. The successful candidate must show a demonstrated understanding of state of Artificial Intelligence development tools, capabilities and processes. Requirements include beinga motivated, self-driven individual who can interact well with others in a small business tight knit environment, while working independently and under tight deadlines. Position may evolve to management of additional software development staff to build and operate a high throughput data delivery operation. www.galileo-gp.com
- As part of our imaging scientist team, you will work alongside recognized experts to develop algorithms and modeling techniques.
- Implement Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools, processes and output, working with detection algorithms designed by science personnel
- Be responsible for setting the road map, goals and objectives for all ML initiatives and developments aligning efforts to achieve state of the art technology and support business needs.
- Design and implement ML algorithms.
- Compare model performance and tune parameters.
- Combine image-based modeling techniques with scripting to design, create, automate and maintain analytic products
- Work on automating existing functions and data processes
- Work on a team with highly motivated individuals capable of retooling quickly and switching between tasks on short notice
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or other related fields
- Critical thinker with proven problem-solving skills; ability to balance concept, iterative development and continual adaption based on operational use and ongoing client-driven upgrades.
- Candidates will be considered with less yearly experience, such as recent college graduates, if they can demonstrate exceptional experience and success in working and delivering operating products in high intensity commercial environments; and provide non-confidential examples of their work
- Strong knowledge and experience with artificial intelligence, machine learning, and pattern recognition methods and technologies
- Experience with TensorFlow, Keras, & Numpy
- Communicate clearly and concisely in technical and plain language scenarios.
- Develop and implement creative design approaches while being accountable for performance to ensure output is maintained, reliable and capable inmeeting regular operational delivery requirements; fix problems on imminent basis.
- Knowledge and experience with image data processing, computer vision, remote sensing, and digital image data formats
- Create and maintain stand-alone python GUIs, application development for 3rd party use
- Design and develop cloud-based software products andimplement cloud-based machine learning wrapping components.
- Evaluate emerging technologies, open source libraries and provide recommendations.
- Competitive salary; full coverage of health and life insurance
- US citizenshipor permanent residency documentation required (for strong candidates, we are willing to sponsor conversion of academic visas to work visas if the academic grace period is still active)
- Light travel within US
- Willingness to relocate to Melbourne FL or Tempe AZ; relocation stipend
- Optional virtual employment trial periodwith transition to physical site thereafter
- Flex time work schedule with core hours
- Provide non-confidential summaries of past work; three professional references
- Submit resume with cover letter via portal or email POC (no calls please)
Galileo Group is an equal opportunity employer.