|Posting Title||ASOS Support (UDM/Equip Mgr/Armorer)|
|Full Time / Part-Time||Full Time|
|Travel||Up to 25%|
|Description||ASOS SUPPORT (ASOS-20-0468-W)|
Join our Bowhead Team in supporting the 9th Air Support Operations Squadron (9 ASOS), Fort Hood, Texas. Bowhead is accepting applications for the following positions:
-*- Unit Deployment Manager
-*- Equipment Manager
The mission of these professionals is to assist the ASOS to meet operational readiness and sustain in-place forces to fulfill worldwide Combatant Commander (COCOM) missions. This is a contingent requirement. The focus will be to support ASOS non-mission additional duties traditionally accomplished by Air Liaison Officer (ALO) and Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) specialists.
• Unit Deployment Manager (UDM) will prepare and process individuals for deployments/re-deployments to and from combat zones, exercises, and other locations based on US Government, DOD, AF, COCOM, and any other applicable guidance.
• Equipment Manager will manage and conduct annual assessment on all unit equipment accounts, provide accountability for all capital equipment, NWRM and COMSEC assets, support deployment operations and complete Block III Equipment Manager Course.
• Armorer will oversee the unit’s Combat Arms program and serve as the unit’s primary armorer, managing weapons training support operations including: activities on firing ranges, multiple facilities, resource and supply functions, weapons maintenance operations, munitions account and account for all weapons/munitions/keys.
|Requirements||ASOS Support requirements for each position include: |
Unit Deployment Manager -- One (1) year of experience working in a squadron-level or higher mobility office.
Equipment Manager -- Two (2) years of experience working in a Squadron/Group/Wing Supply office or similar civilian equipment maintenance position.
Armorer -- Two (2) years as an air Force military member awarded AFSC 3P0X1B, SEI 312 or a DOD civilian with equivalent qualification (defined as a graduate of the Air Force Combat Arms Apprentice Course). Must be able to perform Combat Arms Training & Maintenance (CATM) duties.
• Must have strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and share information.
• Requires strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of the organization including management and Government representatives.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold an active security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: