The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
- Responsibility for driving the corps bus to and from school pick-ups on a daily basis.
- Responsible for seeing that the bus is kept clean after each day.
- Responsible for seeing that the bus is filled with gas and ready each day.
- Check oil, water and transmission fluid weekly.
- Aware of things that may need to be fixed and communicating this to the maintenance person and the Community Center Director.
- Take on the role of counselor once the bus has been parked and properly secured.
- Take on other responsibilities as directed by the Community Center Director.
- Aware of the mission statement of The Salvation Army and make every effort to be a positive representative of The Salvation Army, both on and off site.
- Ability and willingness to promote and comply with the Mission Statement of The Salvation Army.
This position requires CDL with passenger endorsement. It also requires a healthy person, 21 years of age minimum, with a good driving record.