Job ID: 207699
TexasBit is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Texas Bit is part of CRH’s growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
This position is physical in nature and needs someone who is able to be versatile in their abilities. It is the backbone of each crew.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to your manager.
- Assist construction / paving crew / plant crew with various duties such as; shoveling and raking and running wheelbarrow.
- Perform general labor duties when necessary.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment and movement of materials.
- Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
- May be called upon to run small power tools such as jack hammer.
- Safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment of various sizes used in road, site or highway construction and paving.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the Foreman.
- Perform daily pre–and–post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Dig, spread and level construction materials.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
- Assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to perform essential job functions with/ without reasonable accommodation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Previous related experience in construction field is preferred.
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Must be willing and able to travel to work sites, which are in different locations around our division.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Be able to work overtime when required.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements.
- Have a safe driving record with a Motor Vehicle Record that meets company standards.
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- Previous knowledge of heavy equipment preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The position will be primarily outside in the elements and may be required to work in inclement weather as needed.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
TexasBit is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.