Adams Construction Company is one of the oldest asphalt paving firms in Virginia. Since 1946, Adams has participated in the construction of every interstate throughout Virginia and most of the primary highways. Throughout the Company s growth in Virginia and into North Carolina, it has strived to maintain a family culture in a corporate world.
This is a highly skilled position involving control and operation of the Asphalt Distributor/Tack Truck must have a current CDL with Tanker endorsement
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set spray bar on manual, automatic, or semi-automatic distributors for applying liquid asphalt.
- May oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to equipment.
- Possess a solid understanding of all aspects of the paving industry including preparatory work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, aggregate size, job specifications, oil consistencies, compaction and other details related to asphalt paving.
- The operator is responsible for the efficient working condition of the equipment and is expected to perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor
- May perform other related duties such as shovel work, setting string line, adding or removing screed extensions.
- May operator additional equipment on construction site, as needed.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move from 10 to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Class B Commercial Driver s License required (Class A Preferred)
- 3 Years Experience
- Ability to operation additional heavy equipment a plus
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisors.