Job ID: []
ICON Materials, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Overall responsibility for bid development and submission(s) for both private and public works projects. Responsibilities will also include the following;
- Assurance of estimating accuracy during bid closing. Seek assistance as may be required to assure timely bid submission.
- Responsible for reading and analyzing blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation in the preparation of time, cost, and labor estimates for asphalt and site grading contracts, applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, or processes.
- Project Management for multiple projects including customer relationships, scheduling, change order processing, timely billing and overall project close-out.
- Ensure employee driven safety culture is in place and effective.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. Visits the site when necessary. Ability to read and understand project plans and specifications is key.
- Directs estimating activities by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program and operational policies and procedures.
- Completes estimating requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results. Assures that each employee understands what he/she is expected to contribute and achieve.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials, identifying qualified subcontractors, and negotiating prices.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates. Coordinates estimates with field superintendents as appropriate.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Assists with plan preparation and estimates on larger team assembled estimates.
- Negotiates and prepares changes orders as necessary for active projects.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues. Able to navigate issues of extra work/ unplanned work with customers with the ability to maintain relationships while insuring ICON is being fairly compensated for its work.
- Writes scope of work for subcontractors and negotiates subcontract terms.
- Continuously strives to improve customer satisfaction (internal and external). Provides for on-time delivery and meets customer quality and cost expectations. Actively seeks customer interface. Communicates and facilitates customer needs within the organization. Meets commitments made to customers.
- Maintains a professional approach when dealing with customers and employees. Shows honest and ethical behavior in business relationships and transactions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending in-house training and development programs, educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains internal and external customer relations.
- Performs other job related responsibilities and special projects as requested.
- Act as trainer and mentor to less experienced estimators.
Qualifications (Education/Experience) and Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and applicable work experience.
- Five to seven years’ experience in a similar position preferred.
- Exhibits thorough knowledge of Estimating skills and techniques. Knowledge of state, city and county specifications. Knowledge of job costing and estimating techniques. Proven record of strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of OSHA and WISHA regulations. MSHA safety regulation knowledge a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications and contracts.
- Skills needed include leadership, problem solving, decision making and organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional ethics, tact, and courtesy in dealing with management, team members, vendors and internal and external customers.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel and quickly able to be proficient with Bid2Win estimating software.
- Demonstrated ability to safely plan and set work priorities in a cost-effective manner.
- Ability to travel as needed (occasional).
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
ICON Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.