Job ID: 183859
Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division, part of CRH South Division of Companies, is the leader in production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt, and, with a team of skilled contracting professionals, Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division also offers design-build and conventional-bid-build solutions for roadway and civil construction projects. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, and with offices throughout Florida and in Savannah, Georgia, and Hardeeville, South Carolina, Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division performs asphalt paving, grading, and related roadway services. Our employees make Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
Asphalt Plant Maintenance/Welder - This is a skilled position dealing with the maintenance of all plant equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Thorough mechanical knowledge of asphalt plant production and related equipment.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear.
- Analyze malfunctions and repairs
- Weld broken parts and structural members and other items as necessary using stick welding processes.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Works with plumbing and other functions of the plants.
- The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented
- Must have Class B CDL Preferred not required
- Must possess welding certificate
- Must be able to repetively lift up to 50 pounds, walk, stoop, squat, sit, kneel and be capable of passing required physical examination
- Maintain reliable attendance, meeting company standards, and maintain a positive attitude.
Preferred Materials Asphalt, an Oldcastle company, performs asphalt paving, grading, and related services for roadway and civil construction projects. As the award-winning experts in asphalt paving, highway construction and site development, APAC-Southeast, Inc. is raising your expectations and helping you to build without boundaries. View our locations throughout Florida and the Southeast.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.