Asphalt Screed Operator
C. S. McCrossan is a diversified highway/heavy civil general contractor, which provides construction infrastructure services to federal, state, county and municipal transportation departments. We are committed to managing our resources for the benefit of our clients and employees, and providing the highest standard of quality and safety in the completion of our projects. Our innovative approach in both construction and project management has yielded successful partnerships with government and private agencies. We value collaboration and cooperation and believe in extending respect and courtesy to everyone.
- Job Type: Union, Seasonal
- Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3-5
- Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/GED
- Specialty: Commercial, Industrial
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Duties will include operating a CAT paver with top-con, and CAT auto. Must be a team player looking to do all aspects of asphalt paving. The construction work of an operator with C. S. McCrossan is seasonal in nature, typically occurring between the months of April and November. The asphalt screed operator will be a member of the local 49 operators union.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 3-5 years of asphalt screed operating experience
- Willingness to work long hours and nights
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- General knowledge of the heavy highway construction industry and heavy equipment operations
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations
- Skid steer operating experience
- Roller operating experience
- Class A CDL driver s license
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions
- Ability to maneuver under and over equipment, as well as climb into/out of the cabs utilizing steps and ladders
- Constant sitting during machine operation
- Moving over uneven terrain
- Constant use of foot and hand controls
- Use of track spade/shovel to clear mud from the tracks and underbelly of machine as needed
- Move barricades/sand bags to clear area as needed
- Ability to stand and walk around machine when completing pre-trip inspection, clearing underbelly, and throughout the worksite on uneven terrain
- Demonstrate or be corrected to 20/20 vision
- Exposure to various weather conditions
- Exposure to noise, dust and other materials
- Exposure to heavy equipment, power tools and traffic
Knowledge of and compliance with all Company safety requirements, policies and safety training.
Willingness to carry out other related duties assigned or requested by the Supervisor
Benefits are provided through the union
Thank you for your interest in this position with C. S. McCrossan. To begin the application process, click the apply button above.
C. S. McCrossan