Title: ASPR Program Manager
Location: Atlanta, GA
The ASPR Program Manager's primary responsibilities are to manage existing contracts and to expand the company’s presence and revenue stream. The ASPR PM has operational responsibility for program/project execution, supervision, administration, management and financial performance for Odyssey services. The PM has profit and loss responsibility for this area of responsibility. The ASPR plans for and assigns resources to ensure that all projects and client engagements are completed on time and below the budgeted cost. The ASPR is the first-line supervisor for all subordinate team members assigned to the project who have no other direct manager to whom they report. The PM is responsible for the development, expansion, and maintenance of all customer and teammate relationships. The PM operates with substantial discretion within broadly defined corporate policies and procedures. The PM reports to and is evaluated by the Director of National Laboratory Programs.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
Portfolio and Product Line Management
- As the primary Odyssey point of contact for the program, the PM must plan and execute all projects and client engagements to achieve the client's objectives, milestones, and benchmarks.
- Serve as the primary Odyssey point of contact for requirements definition, planning, execution and reporting for all assigned projects.
- Coordinate regularly with the client to ensure that the resources available and the execution plan are sufficient to achieve the client's goals and objectives.
- Manage subordinate project teams as appropriate to achieve the client's milestones.
Planning and Budgeting
- Plan and budget for all resources required to successfully execute all assigned projects, including, but not limited to direct project salary/labor, contracted labor, indirect salary/labor, material, and travel.
- Plan and budget for all resources required to develop, expand and maintain the client relationship, including but not limited to indirect salary/labor, business meals, entertainment, advertising, and other business development expenses.
- Plan and budget for all resources required to recruit, develop, motivate, and reward project team members and portfolio staff and achieve employee retention goals.
- In conjunction with the Director, establish and document the program revenue/sales goals annually.
- Review actual and projected revenue each month and report revenue variances to the Director.
- Develop get-well plans for revenue shortfalls.
- Track Portfolio costs and compare to Income Statements and Financial Reports on a monthly basis.
- Identify, analyze and report cost variances.
- Manage costs to ensure the program does not exceed established budgets to achieve Net Profit objectives.
- As the primary Odyssey point of contact for the Program, ensure that project team performance consistently meets or exceeds established customer satisfaction benchmarks.
- Develop and foster solid customer relationships by providing honest value.
Human Resources Management
- As the primary Odyssey point of contact for the program, work with the Director and Recruiting team to attract, recruit, and retain team members who meet or exceed our high standards.
- Develop and document personal and project goals that support program goals.
- For project teams operating without Project Leaders, develop and document project goals and personal goals for each team member that supports the program goals.
- Provide guidance and feedback to team members concerning employee development needs and advocate and budget to meet those needs.
- Review goal achievement with team members on a semi-annual basis, providing clear feedback on results, accomplishments, issues and deficiencies.
- Address discipline issues in accordance with corporate policies and after appropriate coordination with the Director and TMS.
- Communicate regularly with team members concerning program performance, corporate policies and initiatives, corporate news and another project, site and corporate developments.
- Communicate regularly with the Director about Portfolio status, client status, anticipated resources requirements, and business opportunities.
- Serve as the primary focal point for the distribution and collection of a variety of corporate and program correspondence to meet information needs.
- Distribute, collect, review and certify timecards, monthly reports, and other recurring and ad hoc reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years of leadership experience supporting a government services contract
- Seven (7) plus years demonstrated performance in consulting, project management, or technical discipline related to the project (ten years without a degree)
- Project Management Experience
- Financial Management/Budgeting Experience
- Experience Planning, Organizing, Directing and Controlling a Program
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Analytical (Financial and Business) Skills
- MS Excel Skills
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Ten (10) plus years demonstrated performance managing a large workforce on a government contract
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Travel: Occasional Travel to Washington, DC, and Bedford, Ma (25% estimated)
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Professional Development
- Gym Memberships
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Life Insurance
- Military Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- On Site Cafeteria