Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment where you can exhibit your skills while gaining valuable experience? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? If so, we encourage you to consider this opportunity with NeoGenomics.
NeoGenomics is looking for a Pharma Assay Development Specialist who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient’s disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
The Assay Development Specialist, Anatomic Pathology is the primary manager of validation and enhancement of clinical tests and services in the following areas: Histology, ISH, IHC, and Image Analysis. The Specialist provides insight to assay design, drives the validation process, and initiates communication with other Company departments to create efficient and effective commercial launches.
Assist with product development concepts and technical design for new and enhanced assays and services in the clinical AP laboratory
- Lead development of assigned new assays
- Contribute to design and scheduling of validation study plans
- Train validation staff and oversee study execution
- Anticipate and troubleshoot test performance, workflow, and instrumentation issues
- Prepare high-quality and timely reports to document development activities and assay performance
- Oversee transfer to clinical production including lab staff training as needed
- Prepares validation summary for each completed validation
- Maintains all documentation and slides per CAP/CLIA regulations
- Serve as liaison to IT, Client Services, Billing, Marketing, Accessioning, Pharma Services, and other departments as needed for launch and initial testing period of new assays
Experience & Required Qualifications:
- B.S or M.S. in a life or physical science with related experience.
- Five or more years related laboratory experience.
- HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP) required within 6 months of assuming the position.
- Solid understanding of laboratory techniques
- Ability to synthesize complex directions into scientific project plans
- Detail-oriented with ability to capture and record complex scientific data accurately and reliably
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills and the ability to use software tools to produce effective presentations
- Ability to problem solve independently and escalate problems appropriately in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and maintain production and quality standards