Teledyne Wireless is a flagship business unit of Teledyne Microwave Solutions (TMS) with over 50 years of experience in the design, development, and manufacture of sophisticated microwave/RF components and integrated assemblies for the most demanding challenges. Our products and capabilities are sought after by civilian and military organizations spanning numerous global markets, including Aviation, Communication, Electronic Warfare (EW/ECM/CIED), Industrial, Missile/UAV, Radar, Satcom, Space, and Test and Measurement.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Under limited supervision, performs moderately difficult electronic and electro-mechanical subassembly and assembly operations. Specifically, the looping and assembly of YIG filters cable harnesses, and PC boards, including component installation and hand soldering. Work is done utilizing small hand tools such as soldering irons, wire strippers, crimpers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows production drawings and verbal instructions with minimum supervision. Understands and applies established acceptable workmanship practices to all facets of electronic assembly.
- Interprets and works from electromechanical schematics, drawing, work instructions and bills of material to understand the required parts and steps needed to complete the assigned assembly.
- Reads worksheets and wiring diagrams.
- Must have ability to work with hand tools, soldering equipment and other related test instrumentation. Knowledge of cleaning, lead preparation, component mounting, parts orientation.
- Uses hand and small power tools to place small components in boards, cables, connectors, etc. Inspect parts and performs basic tests.
- Solders and de-solders through-hole and surface mount technology (SMT) components.
- Must be able to perform work (soldering and general inspection) under microscope.
- Reworks and repairs defective units rejected by inspection or test personnel.
- Follows safety procedures in the use and handling of flammable and hazardous chemicals required to meet all cleanliness specifications.
- Ensures that quality checks are completed throughout the manufacturing process.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Experience in looping and assembly of YIG filters. Must have basic knowledge of ISO and/or AS9100. Vocational or Technical Certificate in related field and a minimum of 5-10 years of directly related experience, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. US person.